Hello my awesome readers! I still can’t get over how many people have read my blog over the weekend about my Book Club party. It is such an amazing feeling. I have three favorite parts about my Book Club.
- I get to be with my closest friends and family.
- We talk about books.
- And… the comment I received from the author. (on my IG account- @CuddleMeBooks)
It makes me so so so happy 🙂
How was everyone’s weekend? Can I just say… where is fall? I know we are in the season but Pittsburgh weather is disgustingly hot! Eric and I went to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday and I had sweat rolling down my neck. Yuck! For as much as I love summer weather, I am 100% ready to cuddle with a good book during the cold weather.
So I just finished up two great books! It is part of a three book series and I only read two of the three. Flow and Grip by Kennedy Ryan!
Can I just say WOW!! These two books were EVERYTHING everyone was talking about. I was not disappointed one bit. I will add the synopsis for both in case any of my readers want to read this amazing romance story. But first… I want to add my favorite parts.
- Bristol was such a strong woman throughout the whole story. There were moments where I put myself in her place and tried to ask myself if I would of said the things that she said OR if I would have stood up for that person. I feel that is what is wrong with this world at times. We need to stick up for the ones we love.
- I loved the mix of different cultures- African Americans and Caucasians. I have learned so much even when I come from a mixed community as well.
- Bristol never ever gave up on her family especially her twin brother Rhyson.
- Grip never gave up on Bristol even when she didn’t even want him.
My list can go on and on. But one main thing… Thank You Kennedy Ryan for this amazing read. I can’t express how much I fell in love with Bristol and Grip’s story.
In 8 years, Marlon James will be one of the brightest rising stars in the music industry.
Bristol Gray will be his tough, no-nonsense manager.
But when they first meet, she’s a college student finding her way in the world,
and he’s an artist determined to make his way in it.
From completely different worlds,
all the things that should separate them only draw them closer.
It’s a beautiful beginning, but where will the story end?
FLOW is the prequel chronicling the week of magical days and nights
that will haunt Grip & Bristol for years to come.
This book the Prequel to Grip.
Resisting an irresistible force wears you down and turns you out.
I’ve been doing it for years.
I may not have a musical gift of my own, but I’ve got a nose for talent and an eye for the extraordinary.
And Marlon James – Grip to his fans – is nothing short of extraordinary.
Years ago, we strung together a few magical nights, but I keep those memories in a locked drawer and I’ve thrown away the key.
All that’s left is friendship and work.
He’s on the verge of unimaginable fame, all his dreams poised to come true.
I manage his career, but I can’t seem to manage my heart.
It’s wild, reckless, disobedient.
And it remembers all the things I want to forget.
Still is the third and final book in the series.
I am now reading my Book Club book- Cruel Prince by Holly Blake. There are openings for the Book Club if you would like to join. Even if you don’t read, give it a try. Our next get together will be the first week in December. E-mail me at Kaitlynmerks@gmail.com or comment below.
Before I leave, I want to mention two things that made me SUPER happy.
- My mom has always been a reader like me. However, she is now giving me recommendations on books to read. How awesome!
- My future mother-n-law won a book at my Book Club party and she hasn’t been able to put it down. She attended Friday to hang out with the girls and now she joined!
What is your current read?
Have a great rest of the week and I will write on Thursday.